[Chicago-talk] Project Night - Sept 13, 6:30pm - Let's get together and write code!

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:27:06 PDT 2012

Let's get together and write code! David Mertens has an amazing graphical REPL (Read-Eval-Print Loop) for PDL that does plotting, making it extremely easy to see the graphical result of simple programs.

The plan is to add more tutorials to the REPL, and more features including IRC chat. More advanced ideas include creating a plugin that uses the same POD format as http://perltuts.com so the two projects can share tutorials, and a presentation plugin that lets you use the REPL while giving a talk (or maybe give a talk inside the REPL).

Github repository: https://github.com/run4flat/App-Prima-REPL

If that doesn't sound interesting to you, feel free to bring your own code to work on and collaborate with others. If you don't have any code, we can introduce you to some CPAN modules with growing bug lists that need some tender, loving care.

All levels of experience are welcome! We're all users too, and simply installing and using the software will help make it better.

Doug Bell
madcityzen at gmail.com