[Chicago-talk] logging in and out files

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu Oct 21 11:29:18 PDT 2010

On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:34 PM, tiger peng wrote:

> It complains with error message:
> Can't use string ("FH") as a symbol ref while "strict refs" in use at /my/lib/myLogger.pm ...
>
> When I let it do not complain with "no strict 'refs';", it does not complain but FH seems not opened or not passed back, as the caller read nothing out.

All you have done by saying "no strict 'refs'" is to tell Perl to not tell you about your error.  It's like covering your oil light on the dashboard of your car with a piece of tape.  You don't get the annoying red blinking, but it doesn't change the fact that something is fundamentally wrong.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.techworklove.com => AIM:petdance