[Chicago-talk] Macbook pro question

Ed Pigg ed at questinformation.com
Mon May 3 06:40:54 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 8:29 AM, Michael Potter wrote:

> I have a Macbook pro question and I am asking it here because many
> of you use Macbook pros.  I searched the Apple forums for this and
> there is an overwhelming number of opinions.  The problem with
> searching the apple forums is I want the opinions of my peers:
> people who use the Macbook pro to develop code.  I don't use
> Photoshop so the quality of viewing a photo does not really matter
> to me.
>
> Anyway, here is my question:
> Which is better for the way we work: Glossy or Matte screens?

That's a fairly subjective question. It all depends upon you and your
preference. I always had matte screens on the mac laptops until the
last time I updated. I usually buy through the Apple store getting
refurbished units. I've been using a glossy 15" Macbook Pro for the
last 3 years. Most of the time I am connected to a 22" screen, so that
does not count for this discussion.

Other than having to adjust the screen for reflected light I have not
had any problems with the glossy screen. YMMV

Edgar Pigg                                 ed at questinformation.com
Quest Information Systems                             847 234-1345
http://www.questinformation.com