[Chicago-talk] concurrent processes?

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Tue Mar 9 10:14:30 PST 2010

I have a program that opens a terminal so that the user can enter some info.  Like this:

system(q{gnome-terminal --geometry=80x12+0-30 -x perl -e 'require "./data_entry1.pl"; my $co=get_input();'});

# do something with $co

The code works in that it opens a small terminal at the bottom of the screen where the user can enter info.  However, the program continues to execute without waiting for the value of $co. Is there a way to make the program wait until the terminal session has been terminated so that the value of $co can be obtained?

Been banging my head on this one since 6:30am so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Richard