[Chicago-talk] messy scalar into an array.

Paul Mantz pcmantz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:25:01 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Richard Reina <richard at rushlogistics.com> wrote:
> $line is exactly what I want but it's in the form of a scalar;  When I try to split it up into elements of an array with @fax=split("", $line); it does not work due to all the back to back white spaces.  If anyone can help me out with a better way to do this I would really appreciate it.

I've never used faxstat before, but i would think that you might want to try:

@fax = split(/\s+/, $line) ;

Which will split on whitespace and give you the relevant
whitespace-separated fields.  If that isn't what you're looking for,
could you post an example of the data you're looking at and the
desired outcome?

Adios,

--
Paul Mantz