[Chicago-talk] threading Question

Jonathan Rockway jon-chicagotalk at jrock.us
Sun Feb 14 00:27:15 PST 2010

* On Sat, Feb 13 2010, Zane C.B. wrote:
> The only issue I've ever run into, is that it is a bitch, passing
> information between between each instance.

Hence threads.

(But not ithreads, which is just fork without copy and write.)

I really recommend using Coro for network daemons.  It will easily
handle 30,000+ open and idle connections.  (And only that few because
that's when my machine runs out of file descriptors.)  If you need to
use all 4 CPUs, run four copies of your daemon.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway