[Chicago-talk] mkdir() question

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Thu Dec 2 15:09:28 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 02:52:11PM -0600, Brian Katzung wrote:
> This is less secure, but here's another thought:
>
>     system("sudo /usr/sbin/useradd ...");
>
> with useradd permission for Apache.

I think you'll also need to make sure sudo doesn't have 'requiretty'
set, which is usually does by default.

If you don't need it to be real time, another option is to have
web script create a "config" file some place safe, such as a queue
directory.  External to your web server process you'd have some
queue watcher come along and perform the actions on that config
in the queue.

John