[Chicago-talk] using Google visualization

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Mon Aug 2 13:18:16 PDT 2010

> I would imagine the JSON example is pretty much the exact same thing except
> you just create a separate template to push out JSON and return this back to
> a static HTML file pointing to its URL.  This is pretty elementary stuff,
> however...perhaps I'm missing the problem here...?
> --
> Sincerely,
>

> Joel Limardo
> Chief Software Engineer
> ForwardPhase Technologies, LLC
> 401 N. Michigan Avenue
> Suite 1200-10
> Chicago, IL 60611
> www.forwardphase.com
> joel.limardo at forwardphase.com
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joellimardo
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/joellimardo
> Fax: 815-346-9495
> Ph : 877-321-5467

So outside the fact that I'm a pretty elementary fellow, and your way
is perfectly fine, and I was starting to think I'd need to do
something similar, I thought based on my reading of the docs, that I
could be one of the K00L kids.

I thought I could have my Javascript call the data source directly.
And there was some magic in the google javascript classes that would
take the CVS file that is returned and stick it in the data source
automagically.  That way my source web page that is delivered to the
browser wouldn't be thousands of lines long of:
data.addRows
data.addRows
data.addRows

Again, its very possible (dare I say probable) I'm total incorrect
about how this google visualization stuff works.  But it looks like
you can do what I'm talking about if the datasource is a google
spreadsheet.

Thanks
Jay