[Chicago-talk] Willing to pay $$ for help. how hack a perl module?

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Fri Apr 9 06:57:35 PDT 2010

   Hello all,

 After spending half an hour looking at Cmenu.pm I've
come to the conclusion that hacking up Cmenu.pm is
beyond my limited programing skills.  If someone is
willing to look at the module and let me know how
much $ they would need to make it do what I need (print
menu choices in different colors) I would be interested
in hiring them if the cost is not prohibitive.

 MORE ABOUT WHAT I NEED:

 If you install Cmenu and run the script below the
choices gimmie 1, gimmie 2, gimmie 3 are in plain
text.  I would like to find a way to make those choices
different colors. For example, gimmie 1 (in red),
gimmie 2 (in yellow), gimmie 3 (in blue).

 #!/usr/bin/perl

 # Sample Cmenu script

 use Cmenu;

 menu_initialise("Cmenu Sample Script");

 menu_init("Menu Title","Menu Help Text");

 menu_item("Option 1","gimme1");
 menu_item("Option 2","gimme2");
 menu_item("Option 3","gimme3");

 chop($sel = menu_display("Menu Prompt"));

 menu_terminate("bye bye");

     /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Cmenu.pm

     This is the one that Perl's going to be using
w/ a
     use Cmenu;

     stmt

     These are all part of the install process - appears
you installed v1.1 a couple times ... or at least
fetched a 4 times and built one of them?  Anyway,
they might be useful if you break the usr/local one,
if you've no backup.

     Andy Bach
     Systems Mangler
     Internet: andy_bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov