[Chicago-talk] Meeting?

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Thu Apr 8 08:51:51 PDT 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:14:20 -0500 Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:

AL> On Apr 8, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

>> I can talk about the Cassandra database and my Net::Cassandra::Easy
>> module, if there's time.  It's probably a 30 minute talk.

AL> Some time I'd like to hear a weighing of SQL-based and NoSQL database systems, from someone who has to use both.

I wasn't sure if I should get into this topic.  It seems to be pretty
divisive, judging from the blog noise over the last month, and I don't
like noise.  But I do use both (Cassandra and MySQL/Sybase/PostgreSQL)
for resource monitoring so I can discuss it a little, as far as my
experience with real-world usage.

An in-depth discussion will be 60 minutes or more, however.  Maybe this
time just the short version, centered on the Perl module, and next
meeting I can do a full exposé?  If anyone else is interested in doing
the long version or contributing data to it, let me know.

Ted