[Chicago-talk] Virtual visit to Chicago Perl Mongers

Chris Hamilton cjhamil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:54:01 PDT 2009

Gabor,

Please note that this is my own personal opinion, I certainly don't want to
speak for anyone else...

Not to be overly critical of your blog post (and you are of course entitled
to your opinions), but I'm somewhat confused as to the purpose of your blog
as it seems only to exist to critique the web sites of PM groups rather than
actually providing any insight whatsoever into the actual groups themselves.

Let me state up front that I'm nothing more than a quiet observer of the
information exchanged by this PM group (I'm fairly certain this is my first
message to the mailing list ever, actually), but I have found those involved
here to be extremely quick to respond to questions and also exceptionally
knowledgeable with the guidance provided in their replies.  Also, although
I've seen somewhat of a decline in email traffic regarding meetings
recently, in the past meetings seemed to be semi-regularly setup and
attended.

That being said, I can't disagree with your underlying point that the
website very likely is in need of attention, though I can't comment too much
on that as I haven't had need to visit it since I first joined the mailing
list.

I guess I just don't see the correlation between your purported goal of
meeting PM groups and your apparent desire to almost completely disregard
any communication on the mailing list prior to posting your blog entry which
seems, at least to me, to be overly negative with little to no effort put
forth to meet or interact with this group prior to its writing whatsoever.

My apologies if I seem overly defensive or critical, I have just found the
Chicago Perl Mongers to be positive, insightful, and helpful time and time
again in the nearly 2 years I have been following their mailing list.

Sincerely,
Chris Hamilton