[Chicago-talk] Fwd: [ACM] PS1 Hackathons

Paul Mantz pcmantz at uchicago.edu
Sat Nov 21 15:00:22 PST 2009

Pumping Station: One has been holding monthly hackathons for the past
few months, and we've been doing it with so much success that we're
going to have two of them!

The first all-night event this month is new. It will be held this
Saturday, the 21st. It's called Hackathon: Bring the Noise, and is
dedicated to loud projects, such as construction, woodworking, DJing,
and any other sort of

The second event is our regularly-scheduled Hackathon!, and it's
happening on Saturday the 28th. We'll be keeping the power tools off
so that people can concentrate on coding, and other mind-intensive
activities. So far, we've had a wide berth of projects, from Perl and
Python development to emacs modes to web design to driver development.

Everyone's welcome to come to both. They both start at 8pm, and will
go on as long as the Red Bull floweth.

Pumping Station: One is located at 3354 N. Elston, Chicago, IL. If the
door is locked, ring the bell.  For more information about the space,
visit http://pumpingstationone.org/ .

Adios,

--
Paul Mantz