[Chicago-talk] Interfacing to Excel
michael at potter.name
Sun May 10 19:01:22 PDT 2009
Just to follow up on this and let you know what worked...
I used ActiveState Perl with the Win32::OLE module. It worked perfectly and
was very easy to follow the sample code. I ran it under Windows XP in a
VMWare session on my MBP.
I was able to update a cell, then read the resultant table of values back.
This worked great and it saved my client a ton of money. I did not make
much money on it because I work by the hour and I got the problem solved so
I put a .25 second delay after I updated the cell just to make sure that the
calculations were all done. I am pretty sure the delay was unnecessary, but
the delay did not cause any other problems so I left it in. Also, I did a
screen recording of the spreadsheet processing to show the client; the .25
second delay was long enough that they could get a better idea of what I was
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chicago-talk