[Chicago-talk] Expanded TMTOWTDI quote... Beuller? Anyone?

Clyde Forrester ccf3 at mindspring.com
Fri May 1 16:18:27 PDT 2009

I thought I read or heard an expanded version of TMTOWTDI somewhere.

Something like: "There's more than one way to do it, so try to do it the
[clearest|cleanest|most readable|most maintainable] way."

As opposed to, say: "There's more than one way to do it, so try to make
it look like a cat walked across your keyboard. No, really! It pisses
Guido off to no end."

But I'm not finding anything. Has anyone seen a quote like that?

Clyde