[Chicago-talk] Interfacing to Excel

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Fri Apr 10 16:31:10 PDT 2009

Mongers,

Can any one point me to an article on the current state of accessing
excel spreadsheets using Perl?

The problem I am trying to solve is that I want to a) write a value to
a particular cell, b) allow the sheet to recalculate, c) read the
resultant values, d) repeat 200 times.

I want to do this in Perl rather than Excel macros because this is
someone else's spreadsheet that I am reading for a conversion project.

I am guessing that the recalculation part of my requirements would
require me to use windows, that is okay, but I would rather use AIX,
Linux, or Mac.

All comments appreciated,

--
Michael Potter