[Chicago-talk] cpan problems in Fedora 9

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Mon Sep 15 18:19:13 PDT 2008

Elliot Shank wrote:
> Steven Lembark wrote:
>>> I was also wondered whether anyone had a thought about whether it's
>>> better to use Fedora's pre-compiled modules or just use cpan?  I
>>> guess the pre-built DBI/DBD modules have been useful, but a lot of
>>> the modules I might use are not there so I've always just relied
>>> upon the cpan script in the past.
>> Given the issues with RH's Perl I'd use
>> one built from scratch for all of my own
>> work.
> Yeah, if you haven't read this, you should:
> http://blog.vipul.net/2008/08/24/redhat-perl-what-a-tragedy/

That's really a drag, but I ran vipul's test code and this bug seems not
to be included in F9 for i386.

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Institute of Psychology
Scientific Adviser, Center for Research and Service
Illinois Institute of Technology
3101 South Dearborn, 2nd floor
Chicago IL 60616

Skype: alandmead
+312.567.5933 (Campus)
+815.588.3846 (Home Office)
+312.567.3493 (Fax)

Be not afraid of life.
Believe that life is worth living,
and your belief will help create the fact.
  -- Henry James