[Chicago-talk] cpan problems in Fedora 9

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Mon Sep 15 18:19:13 PDT 2008

Elliot Shank wrote:
> Steven Lembark wrote:
>>> I was also wondered whether anyone had a thought about whether it's
>>> better to use Fedora's pre-compiled modules or just use cpan?  I
>>> guess the pre-built DBI/DBD modules have been useful, but a lot of
>>> the modules I might use are not there so I've always just relied
>>> upon the cpan script in the past.
>>
>> Given the issues with RH's Perl I'd use
>> one built from scratch for all of my own
>> work.
>
> Yeah, if you haven't read this, you should:
> http://blog.vipul.net/2008/08/24/redhat-perl-what-a-tragedy/

That's really a drag, but I ran vipul's test code and this bug seems not
to be included in F9 for i386.

-Alan

--
Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Institute of Psychology

Skype: alandmead
+312.567.5933 (Campus)
+815.588.3846 (Home Office)
+312.567.3493 (Fax)

http://www.iit.edu/~mead
http://www.center.iit.edu
http://www.alanmead.org

Be not afraid of life.
Believe that life is worth living,
and your belief will help create the fact.
  -- Henry James