[Chicago-talk] Fwd: Polyglot Programming: A Business Pespective

Jeremy Wall jeremy at marzhillstudios.com
Wed Sep 3 19:25:13 PDT 2008

I've been playing with erlang lately and have really enjoyed it. I wish I
had more time to go stuff like this erlang workshop but I never seem to have
the time.

Erlang has a very minimalist syntax and the pattern matching really suits me
a lot. It's certains stretched my thinking considerably.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:

> The upcoming Erlang is very interesting to me.  I started reading "Real
> World Haskell" the other night.
>
> http://book.realworldhaskell.org/
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>  From: Dave Hoover <dave.hoover at gmail.com>
>> Date: September 3, 2008 5:41:16 PM CDT
>> To: Polyglot Programmers <polyglot-programmers at googlegroups.com>
>> Subject: Polyglot Programming: A Business Pespective
>>

>> I haven't read this Master's Thesis by Hans-Christian Fjeldberg all
>> the way through, but so far it looks relevant for anyone thinking
>> seriously about adopting Polyglot Programming on a team or project.
>>

>> http://theuntitledblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/polyglot_programming-a_business_perspective.pdf
>>
>> (via Ola Bini)
>>
>> PS: We will likely have a 2 hour Erlang workshop in September or
>> October by Martin Logan, author of Manning's upcoming Erlang/OTP
>> book.  Stay tuned!

> Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Jeremy Wall
http://jeremy.marzhillstudios.com