[Chicago-talk] Is anyone interested in trying their hand at a lightning talk?

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Tue May 13 09:13:42 PDT 2008

The next downtown Perl Mongers meeting is in 2 weeks, and this is the
last meeting before YAPC is held in town in June.  As I suggested last
month, this would be a great time for anyone who is interested in giving
a lightning talk at YAPC to come on down and practice it in advance.

The deadline for submitting a lightning talk for YAPC is still open (in
fact, I don't think the actual deadline has been set yet), so it's still
possible to give a talk there.

But even if you're not keen on talking at YAPC, giving a lightning talk
is a great way to get your feet wet when it comes to giving
presentations.  If you're not familiar with lightning talks, this page
gives an explanation, along with a great list of suggestions for topics:

   http://perl.plover.com/lightning-talks.html

So, is anyone interested?

-- Mike F.