[Chicago-talk] @ARGV while(<>)

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Sat Jan 5 06:49:12 PST 2008

[group] Is it just me, or does look funny to explicitly set @ARGV?
Jay, Not to say that your assertion is without merit -- I know less perl than anyone on the list and probably anyone on any list for that matter.  However, in explicitly setting @ARGV I was following the example on page 72 of Learning Perl  4th addition, which has always steered me right in the past.

Thanks for all the responses.  For now I am going to try Matt's suggestion of pushing the $_ into and array and joining them after the while loop, but I continue to be open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks again.  Have a great Saturday!

Your beliefs become your thoughts.  Your thoughts become your words.  Your words become your actions.  Your actions become your habits.  Your habits become your values.  Your values become your destiny.  -- Mahatma Gandhi