[Chicago-talk] BARcamp Chicago Aug 15th!

Jason Rexilius jason at hostedlabs.com
Tue Aug 5 06:08:24 PDT 2008

Hey Everyone,

   BARcamp Chicago 2008 is coming up in a week and a half!  The weekend
of Aug 15th at 1240 W. Harrison St (UIC area).  Wow, time flies.

   Its being held at the Innovation Center at UIC which is this cool new
space for tech commercialization projects.  I posted a couple of
snapshots on the wiki:

http://barcampchicago.com/WherePage

   Sean Johnson is working on the Food and I know its going to be
impossible, but we'd like to try and estimate the amount.  Can people
either reply to me or add their name to the wiki?

http://barcampchicago.com/AttendeeList
-or-
barcamp-subscribe at corp.hostedlabs.com

   One of the really cool events happening at BARcamp this year is an
Erlang workshop being given by Martin Logan and Erlang User group team.
  If you dont know about Erlang, its a very cool Functional language
thats good for distributed computing.  Martin and others at Orbitz are
putting some Erlang code into production and they have an open source
project that they are putting out I believe.

   As with every year, we have lots of cool talks lined up and I expect
a lot more to develop over the weekend. The Chicago LUG is donating a
keg, like the previous years and the organizers have been working like
crazy.  Its coming together despite my being a disorganized slacker ;-)

   CALL FOR HELP:

1) RSVP in some form or fashion, (call me, email, join the list, add to
wiki).  Need to size catering.

2) Get your company to participate, sposnor, bring schwag, give a talk
about technology you are using or building.

3) Give a talk.

4) Spread the word.

Also note:

Social Dev Camp is coming up this weekend, at IIT.  Check it out:
http://barcamp.pbwiki.com/SocialDevCampChicago

Thats it for now.  Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

-jason
jason at hostedlabs.com
847.208.1000