[Chicago-talk] Meeting in June

Nola Stowe mrnicksgirl at gmail.com
Thu May 24 05:01:33 PDT 2007

Andy -- since you claim "Chicago PM Leader" title and  was *absent* at
the last meeting, you COULD ask if there were any volunteers or
discussion about the next meeting before stating what you think should
happen.

Most user groups I am in, the group leader actually shows up or in
absence, get a report to see what happened.

In your post to Chicago Ruby group "How to have meetings" :

-------
If you'll allow me to throw in my experiences from organizing Chicago
Perl Mongers for a few years now:

1) You will never have everyone happy about the meetings.  Someone's
going to be out of luck.

2) Pick a day of the month and stick with it, even if people will
miss it, or nobody will be there.  The key is consistency.

3) Have a meeting every month, no matter what.  The key is consistency.

4) Always have a topic/agenda for the meeting, no matter what.  The
key is consistency.

At some point it's going to be an issue of JFDI and making it happen.

You forgot the 5th point

5) Group leader should attend or in absence, find out what happened.

http://rubygeek.com - my blog featuring: Ruby, PHP and Perl
http://DevChix.com - boys can't have all the fun