[Chicago-talk] Editing, altering, manipulating PDFs

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Mon Mar 26 20:19:26 PDT 2007

Hi,

I got out of IT about 5 years ago an went into the residental mortgage
business.  There is a gigantic amount of paper in this business, so
over the last couple of years I've been striving to become as
paperless as possible within my office.  I'm just about there.
Except...

When I email a mortgage application to a client, there are a couple of
places that I (the loan officer) must sign and date.  The mortgage
application and disclosures are in PDF.

It seems like, using some module, I could add my signature (from an
image file) to the documents as well as the date (some text string I
create in Perl).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a module that would help me do this?
 I'm looking thru CPAN, but there are a million PDF modules, that
don't seem to do what I want

Thanks
Jay