[Chicago-talk] Recruiter spam

Eric Sinclair esinclai at pobox.com
Thu Mar 22 19:05:15 PDT 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 4:33 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Andy> So who is allowed to send you email?  Can I not send you
> email out of
> Andy> the blue if I don't know you?
>
> If you send email to me out of the blue, please do it because of
> something
> you know about *me*, other than I have an email address.

If we're all talking about the same recruiter, this is what made his
contact of me somewhat refreshing - he made reference to public
information about me (well, information I've made public) that
indicated he'd read more than just keywords from a boiler-room resume
collector.  No idea if he got my address from this list or elsewhere,
but the clues all make sense that it's the same person.

I do wonder who of list posters were contacted - all?  a subset?

-Eric

--
esinclai at pobox.com                           aim/skype/twitter: esinclai
http://www.kittyjoyce.com/eric/log/    jabber: esinclai at gmail.com