[Chicago-talk] ChiPy March Meeting Thursday 3/8 RSVP encouraged
chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:03:47 PST 2007
Chicago Python User Group
Come join us for our best meeting ever! Pizza and drinks will be
served, courtesy of Google. RSVP's are not needed, but are
encouraged. Write chris.mcavoy at gmail.com with the subject line "RSVP
* PyCon 2007 re-cap
* "Unicode for Small Children (and Children at Heart)" by Feihong Hsu
* Ian Bicking will bring his OLPC laptop (http://laptop.org) and will
discuss ideas for a Chicago Sprint around XO Sugar development
* Pete Fein will present a project he came up with during the Pycon
Google's Chicago office
20 West Kinzie Street, 9th Floor
Chicago, IL 60610
"18 story glass and steel building on the Northwest corner of Dearborn
"Across the street from Harry Carey's"
"Upstairs from Keefer's restaurant"
* Map <http://tinyurl.com/ee8my>
Enter via the lobby on the South side of the building, between Keefer's
restaurant and Keefer's cafe.
Street (meter) parking is kinda sorta available in the area. Garage and
lot parking is also available Southwest and East of our building.
1. The closest "L" stop is Grand on the Red Line and Clark/Lake on the
"Blue/Green/Orange/Brown/Purple Line". (All are about an 8 minute walk
2. The closest Metra station is the Ogilvie Transportation Center (in
the Citibank building) (about 20 minutes walk or take the Riverbus)
3. The closest River Bus stop is at Michigan Avenue (By the Wrigley
Building at 2 North Riverside Plaza.
4. The nearest helipad is at the mouth of the river, near Navy Pier.
Obtain security clearance before landing.
ChiPy is a group of Chicago Python Programmers, l33t, and n00bs.
Meetings are held monthly at various locations around Chicago.
Also, ChiPy is a proud sponsor of many Open Source and Educational
efforts in Chicago. Stay tuned to the mailing list for more info.
ChiPy website: <http://chipy.org>
ChiPy Mailing List: <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/chicago>
Python website: <http://python.org>
More information about the Chicago-talk