[Chicago-talk] Fw: BARcamp Chicago is this weekend!

Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
Mon Jun 18 09:29:21 PDT 2007

----- Forwarded by Andy Bach/WIWB/07/USCOURTS on 06/18/2007 11:28 AM -----

Hi Everyone!

   BARcamp is this weekend (Sat-Sun, 23-24 June) and I am super excited!
Everyone has really come together for this.  We have a lot of great
talks and ideas floating around and everyone seems to be pitching in
something to help.

   The last organizer meet-up is tonight at Goose Island(clyborn) @ 7:00.

   There are also a couple other events this week worth checking out
that I want to mention.  Beer and ideas to get primed for BARcamp ;-)

  - Kristen Nicole's Web Ascent is happening Wed the 20th.
http://www.webascentevents.com/

  - MIT-EF has this cool Whiteboard competition happening Tue the 19th.
http://www.mitefchicago.org/dojo/18/v.jsp?p=/BelowtheRadar

   Uuhh.. thats all I can remember.  Its going to be a fun week in the
Chicago tech world..

   So back to BARcamp.  Some of the stuff that is going to be happening
this weekend is:

- Dave Williams talk on building cross platform widgets with wxWidgets

- FRDCSA A.I. talk on learning coding libraries through operator
learning and representation

  - Linux install fest and lightening talks on a few special purpose
distros

- Tristan Sloughter teaches us how to Brew Beer at Home!

- Kirix talks about their Human UI for browsing web data

- MobileWeb 2.0 hackathon, building apps for mobile devices.

- Perry spins the trax, live webcast for the kids at home

- Humanized talks about Enso

- ChicagoBeta-BARcamp Job Board

- exploration, the joy of learning things and lots of liquor

   Some last shout-outs for help:

  - video peoples, help capture talks and goings on.

  - please bring power strips, Cat5 cables, extension cords, pillows to
sit on

  - bring an idea for a code sprint

   Thats it.  Looking forward to seeing you all there!

-jason
jason at hostedlabs.com
847.208.1000

event details: