[Chicago-talk] Chicago.pm YAPC::NA 2008 Bid

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:04:56 PDT 2007

>  If DePaul falls through, I'm new to the faculty at IIT and I'd be happy to
> help if I can.

Thanks Alan.  We actually need to go into the bidding process with
more than one venue proposed, so we'll need to get updated information
on IIT also.  Glad to know that you are teaching there.  In 2k6 we
didn't work with any professors at IIT and really missed getting the
word out on-campus.

In 2k6 we had the conference in the Herman Union Building.  I'm
guessing that we'll pitch that as a backup again this year, only with
adjusted pricing.  Do you get any employee discounts on rentals?  If
so, we might be able to shoot for the newer conference center on
campus.