[Chicago-talk] parsing HTML

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Feb 23 22:23:41 PST 2007

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> writes:

Jonathan> I'm thinking you want HTML::TreeBuilder::XPath.  (XPath is like SQL for
Jonathan> trees.)

I have an upcoming Linux Magazine article that shows how to use that, but
compares it with XML::LibXML in HTML mode and shows that there's an *order of
magnitude* speed difference for parsing a moderate page.

So, if the speed of H::TB::X is fast enough for you, go ahead, but I'll
be using XML::LibXML instead.