[Chicago-talk] Perl Mentor program/website

Tom Yarrish tom at yarrish.com
Tue Feb 20 20:15:17 PST 2007

Didn't notice that site before.  It doesn't seem like any of the
projects actually had any work done however.  But it's similar to the
idea I had.

Overall I was thinking in the line of "Okay, I've read the Llama, and
Intermediate Perl, but I don't program for a living, so what's next?"
sort of thing.  Maybe break it into a section where there are
assignments like the end of the Perl book chapters (or from Randal's
Perls of Wisdom) but give the project and then one possible idea.

I'd love the help in getting the site up on Catalyst, I just need to
figure out how to get the framework installed on Dreamhost (was
trying that all day without success).  So I may just throw up a
starter page tomorrow to get the ball rolling, and get some attention
to it and build it up from there.

If there's any other suggestions that people have to add to it, sort
of a "I wish they had x when I was learning Perl" I'd love to hear it.

Tom

We crucify ourselves between two thieves- regret for yesterday and
fear of tomorrow.