[Chicago-talk] Perlbuzz.com launches

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Tue Aug 21 21:36:33 PDT 2007

If you're a digg user, would you please digg this story.
http://digg.com/programming/
Perlbuzz_com_launches_A_Perl_news_site_with_a_difference

 From perlbuzz.com:

A lot of people have been asking us, "Why do we need another Perl
blog?" We believe that there's room for as many Perl blogs, journals,
and news sites as people want to set up. Each has its own flavour and
will appeal to different groups of people, and that's just fine. Perl
Buzz's unique selling point is that we're bringing a shiny, happy
view of the Perl world to the masses. Some other sites focus on
communicating within the existing Perl community. We'll do that, too,
but we also hope to reach out to those who aren't yet part of the
tribe, and show them just how cool Perl is.

So, let's take a look at what Perl Buzz has to offer.

     * The main Perl Buzz blog is all about news, reviews, and what's
exciting in the Perl world. We're interested in everything from
impressive Perl websites (see our review of iusethis.com) to releases
of free and commercial Perl software (like Movable Type 4.0, released
last week) to interesting uses of Perl you might not know about (like
attributes or how to write a LOLCODE parser using Parse::RecDescent).

     * Over in Project Hum, we track what's going on in Perl
projects. Anything from performance tweaks to calls for help to
translations of docs into other languages. We watch other Perl news
sources to find out what's going on, but please let us know if you'd
like us to post something about your project!

     * CPAN Watch is all about what's noteworthy on CPAN. Watching
the full feed of CPAN uploads can be like drinking from the firehose,
so we filter it and just post the most interesting releases, along
with why you should care.

You can subscribe to any or all of the feeds via RSS; see the links
in our sidebar.

If you'd like to contribute to Perl Buzz, please email us at
editors at perlbuzz.com, or see our How to contribute page.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance