[Chicago-talk] My lightning talks at OSCON

Jonathan T. Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sun Aug 5 00:29:55 PDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 03:31:13PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=G1ynTV_E-5s
> That's my combined lightning talks at OSCON, including a certain Mr.
> Krawczyk messing w/my presentation...

Too bad they didn't record Larry's followup.

FWIW, I like using the word script for a program that doesn't use any
"custom" modules.  When you modularize everything and add a test suite,
then you can call your script an application.  To be fair, I hold other
langauges to the same standards, and call quick programs written in C
scripts too.  Script is not a bad word.

In the words of the BPS shirt, "Shut the fuck up and write some code."
Nobody cares what you call it.

Jonathan Rockway