[Chicago-talk] Who wants to give a talk at Uniforum?

Deborah Vose vosedj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 16:37:42 PDT 2006

Andrew,

  My name is Debi Vose.  I saw your post regarding a Catalyst presentation.  This would be great, since I was looking for someone to do a presentation on Catalyst.  There has been some interest at some of our meetings.
  Would I be able to encourage you to prepare your presentation for out October 10th
  meeting?

  If you presentation is short, we can open up the floor for general questions or head over to Cozymel's early.

  If you need more information about Uniforum check our website at:
  www.uniforum.chi.il.us  or let me know.

  Let me know if this is a possibility.

  Thanks, Debi

Andrew Rodland <arodland at comcast.net> wrote:
  On Monday 18 September 2006 7:18 pm, brian d foy wrote:
> Debi Vose from Uniforum was asking me about talks for the October and
> November meetings. Anyone have anything interesting to talk about?
>
> Or, alternately, maybe this can be our own version of Toastmasters
> where new speakers get to try out giving a talk. It's not a very
> hostile audience, so it's good for beginners.
>
> Can anyone talk about Ajaxy-Perly stuff? I'd like to hear more about that.
> :)

I've got one that I think is worth a talk... or maybe half a talk. Main
question is whether I can find time and ambition to actually turn it into
one; I've never given a talk in this format before. Nothing Ajaxy, but it is
Catalyst and some cool sorts of dynamic things. I actually made a post about
it here a few months ago, and then never caught up with it again. But I think
I might be able to manage, for the uniforum setting :)

Andrew