[Chicago-talk] Perl Developers Kit

Michael D. Stemle, Jr. manchicken at notsosoft.net
Fri Oct 27 07:33:24 PDT 2006

I checked it out a while ago.  I found it... unsatisfactory.  Emacs with ECB
(if you like that sort of thing) makes a better IDE than their silly little
IDE thing.  I'm a big fan of emacs, but gosh, I can't see paying that much
for a nonsense solution that is truly unnecessary.

In my experience, PDK is used by companies (*cough*ActiveState) and people who
want to release proprietary perl applications in binary form only... which is
illegal in many cases and unethical in all cases.