[Chicago-talk] Is it worth to be put in CPAN?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Oct 17 09:43:39 PDT 2006

>> Recently, I am handling a couple of hierarchy data, such as purging log
>> files, purging data base table without foreign key being implemented in
>> DBMS, generating catalog XML files, etc. After searching CPAN without
>> finding very simple/generic modules. So, I made one module for myself.
>> It seems very convenient to me. I am wandering if it is worth to be put
>> on CPAN?

Even if you use the module builder for what
you eventually put on CPAN it's worth going
through the steps once yourself by hand. It
gives you a much better feel for what goes
on in the process and can help spot errors
in other people's modules.

--
Steven Lembark                                         85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                  Woodhaven, NY 11421