[Chicago-talk] Packages on holiday?

Eric Ellington e.ellington at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:58:41 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I am trying to see if there is a package that will do a bunch of
holiday tracking. I need a date class that will let me input all US
holidays, last working day before the holiday, first working day after
holiday, and an English identifier of the holiday. So when I print up
a report I know that all the data I see happened the first working day
after Christmas.

I saw Date::Business but that does not seem to handle holidays that
fall on certain days of the week. I also saw Date::Gregorian::Business
but that does not seem to care about the holidays it just ignores
them, and does not store the name of the holiday.

Does anyone know about a package that will do what I want, or has
anyone come up with a solution to this problem before?

Thanks,

--
Eric Ellington
e.ellington at gmail.com