[Chicago-talk] Buttons

Andrew Brosnan andrew at broscom.com
Wed Jun 14 13:22:48 PDT 2006

On 6/14/06 at 11:43 AM, frag at ripco.com (Mike Fragassi) wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Joshua McAdams wrote:
>
> > > I bet you could get some scratch from Josh/Pete so you could sell
> > > the buttons for $2/ea and each button over 75 sold is profit for
> > > TPF.
> >
> > We are going to have a TPF table setup selling shirts and such.  If
> > TPF doesn't mind, we could hawk some buttons there too.... since
> > Andy suggested it, I'm guessing TPF doesn't mind :)
>
> I was thinking of it as a free giveaway, but cash for
> the cause is fine with me too.

I wonder if the value of the warm, fuzzy feeling of good will generated
by giving them away might eclipse the relatively small profit made? Not
to mention the astounding marketing boon for Perl realized by having
every conference attendee sporting a snazzy Perl button out in the
world.

> Although I wonder how many people
> would buy them, since the onion logo is kind of new.

Onion? :-)

Regards,
Andrew