[Chicago-talk] YAPC newbie advice

Pete Krawczyk mongers at bsod.net
Wed Jun 14 08:55:19 PDT 2006

Subject: [Chicago-talk] YAPC newbie advice
From: Ed Pigg <ed at questinformation.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:45:52 -0500

}I've just registered for the YAPC::2006 and am looking forward to the
}experience. I will be commuting in and out of the city due to family
}commitments, but I wonder if any of you have advice on how to get the
}most out of a YAPC.

The best thing I can reccommend is to visit the following web page:

  http://yapcchicago.org/wiki/index.cgi?ConferencesForBeginners

Also, at 8:30 AM on Monday the 26th, Jim Brandt (the TPF conference chair)
and brian d foy will be hosting a talk in the auditorium before the
conference truly gets underway.  I would suggest attending that as well.

}I'd also like to help out if I can.

Great!  We have two major needs during the conference (people to help
video record, and people to help speakers during the talks), and we have
some needs before the conference as well (assembling gift bags, preparing
registration materials.)  What is your interest and availability?

-Pete K
--
Pete Krawczyk
  mongers at bsod dot net