[Chicago-talk] In Search of Wireless

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 08:29:29 PDT 2006

> One question that comes to mind: does IIT not have WiFi?  If they do,
> and won't give YAPCers access, they probably don't want you plugging
> into the wired network either.  (IP allocation issues, 1337 h4x0r
> issues, I'm The Computer Center And I Say So issues, etc.)

They have wireless that we can use, but it doesn't cover the entire
building that we are in.  They are planning on dropping some wires
around the conference center for us to build our own wireless network.

> Anyway, I'm sure you guys have this all figured out, I'm just worrying
> out loud :)

Glad you nudged me on it.  I'll double-check with the conference
people at IIT and make sure that we don't have problems.