[Chicago-talk] Perl distributed objects?

Jim Thomason jim at jimandkoka.com
Fri Jun 9 13:34:54 PDT 2006

I was right, I didn't know what to ask. Fortunately, I was vaguely
aware of other protocols and other transport methods and such.

Soap appears to be what I was looking for (specifically, SOAP::Lite,
in this case). It's not -quite- as slick as DO, but at first glance
the differences are virtually trivial (i.e., having to call ->result
to get back values instead of just receiving them).

So now I've just got to come up with a reason to use this knowledge,
and I'll be all set.

-Jim.....