[Chicago-talk] Free Beer / Perl 6 round up

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 23:55:43 PDT 2006

We didn't get to much Perl 6, but everyone did finish off the beer in
my fridge, so that's something at least. I'll do this again, probably
Fridayish July 21, and this time it will be Perl 6 Potluck. Come to my
place, bring some food and drink, hang out, try some Perl 6 stuff.

The group was Chris, Nola, Doug, Mike, and myself. I think everyone
got the new Pugs installed and updated to the latest stuff in the Pugs
repository. We tried a couple of scripts, and I started working on
porting Business::ISBN to Pugs. It's a simple module so I figured it
would be a good start. It's not really that easy though, since all the
class infrastructure stuff changed.

Chris was working on modeling bee behavior by porting a Ruby program
he already had.  I don't think he got much further than I did. We
ended up talking about opera (not the browser, but the art) too much.

I think we pretty much summed up the current Perl 6 situation as
trying to learn the language from Programming Perl (a reference, the
current state of the P6 docs) instead of Learning Perl (a digested
tutorial).

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>
http://www.pair.com/~comdog/