[Chicago-talk] one-liners on business cards?

John Melesky list at phaedrusdeinus.org
Wed Jul 5 19:35:51 PDT 2006

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> I was told today that my new business cards could contain "anything" as
> my title.  The first thing that came to mind was a one-line perl script
> that prints my real title.  Is there any professional reason why I
> wouldn't want to do this?

To whom are you going to hand your business cards? If you're networking
with non-techies at all, then there's a good reason not to do it there.
Even if you're networking with non-perlite techies, it still might be much.

If you're like many programmers, and you plan on wallpapering your cube
with them, then print whatever makes you happy. :)

Basically, think of your audience.

-johnnnnnnnn