[Chicago-talk] Script comments

Young, Darren Darren.Young at ChicagoGSB.edu
Wed Jan 18 09:24:03 PST 2006

> > lexical isn't in a block, it's defined in the scope of the file.
>
> Which isn't global.
>
> The name "package lexicals" is one I picked up at one
> of the Perl Conferences to describe lexicals defined
> outside of any curlys; "file lexicals" would probably
> have been a better name.

I've actually wondered for some time what to call variables 'way up at
the top' and outside of braces/loops/etc, really, the ones up in main.

And I should probably get used to calling them lexicals as well since
that's really what they are.

DY