[Chicago-talk] Uploading to CPAN

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Fri Jan 13 14:27:56 PST 2006

Hi,

I uploaded my first module to CPAN.  Finance::InteractiveBrokers::TWS.

But when search for it on CPAN

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=interactivebrokers&mode=all

it seems that somehow the directory tree got turned upside down in
that, it looks like

Jay Strauss >  Finance-InteractiveBrokers-TWS-v0.0.1 >
Finance::InteractiveBrokers::TWS

and the description is under Finance-InteractiveBrokers-TWS-v0.0.1
rather than under Finance::InteractiveBrokers::TWS.  I would have
rather had it like:

Jay Strauss >  Finance::InteractiveBrokers::TWS >
Finance-InteractiveBrokers-TWS-v0.0.1

and have the desc under Finance::InteractiveBrokers::TWS

How would I repair this?

How is the structure determined?

Should I have removed the v0.0.1 from the file name created by "make dist"?

Thanks
Jay