[Chicago-talk] Regular meetings start again in January

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Sat Dec 16 17:52:57 PST 2006

> and it isn't something for "props".

It's not?  Organizing a monthly meeting isn't propsworthy?  I'm
surprised to hear that from you brian.

> Doing something new in Chicago isn't a put-down to
> anything anyone else is doing, but that's what controls the discussion
> whenever we talk about it.

Nobody has anything against doing things in Chicago.  I'm just tired
of hearing people complain that what is getting done isn't to their
liking.

> There are two different groups of people, and we're forcing them to
> operate under the same name, use the same mailing lists, the same
> website, and so on. These two groups don't have to have exclusive
> membership, but I think it's easier to let them operate separately.

I don't understand this, but I'd like to hear more.  I just don't see
how it hurts to call both things-that-happen-in-the-Loop and things-
that-happen-in-the-burbs is harmful to either one.  I think it helps
BOTH sides.

> I'd like to see the name "Chicago.pm" come back to Chicago, and the
> thriving extra-Chicago group in a name the describes them. If that's
> going to hurt people's feelings though,

I just don't see how that would help anything at all.

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance