[Chicago-talk] Secret Radio Project

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 11:27:28 PDT 2006

Hi All,

My pal is the lead web guy at Chicago Public Radio.  They're currently
embarking on a pretty ambitious project that has the potential to be
awesome for Chicago, and awesome for Radio.  Details are at
http://secretradioproject.com

The short of it is, they're going to be setting up a sort of youtube
site where people can submit audio.  The audio is cleaned up, and then
possibly aired on 89.5, WBEZ's sister station that the FCC just
granted a big boost in wattage to.

They're looking for a contractor (or contracting company) to implement
the web side of the project by the end of December.  It's a pretty
tight time table, but doable with the right developer.  They're
committed to implementing the site using open source tools, and
potentially open sourcing the entire site once it's completed, there's
even the potential for the site to be built openly over the next few
months.  Like I said, it's pretty ambitious.

They posted the RFP ad on the 37signals job board here
http://jobs.37signals.com/jobs/418 .

They aren't putting any restrictions on platform for proposed
solutions, but they're leaning in the PHP / Drupal direction.

Chris