[Chicago-talk] Hackathon projects

Steve Peters steve at fisharerojo.org
Sun Aug 27 18:37:00 PDT 2006

Andy Lester wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Steve Peters wrote:
>
>> I would be happy to work with anyone who is interested in helping
>> out with the Perl 5 core!  I am thinking about working on the
>> "A test for every bug" project
>
> Excellent, will you please write a paragraph describing it so I can
> put it on a projects page?
>
> thanks,
> Andy

Like any large project, Perl has a large number of bugs.  Fortunately,
Perl also has a large test suite to help ensure that old bugs don't
return and many new bugs are discovered quickly.  Unfortunately,
however, there have been many times where bugs have been fixed, but the
actual bug reports have stayed open because the bug reports haven't been
turned into test cases and added to the Perl core.  During the
hackathon, I plan on working to convert as many bug reports as possible
into test cases and add them back to the Perl core.  I'm also hoping to
fix a few of the bugs along the way, combine duplicate reports, and
otherwise clean up the bug queue even further than my previous work has
done.

Steve Peters
steve at fisharerojo.org