[Chicago-talk] Lincoln Park Zoo: Adopt a Camel

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:35:37 PDT 2006

For a measly $500, Chicago.pm can adopt the Camel at the Lincoln Park
Zoo. It's a Bactrian (the two-humped sort), not the Dromedary on the
front of Programming perl, but hey, it's a Camel.

I already donate to the zoo, so I could just about cover most of this
myself with what I already give them, but I figured I'd make it a
group thing.

With $500, we'll get a special zoo tour and animal encounter (in this
case, may involve spitting) for up to 40 people, scads of swag, a nice
8x10 photo of the adopted camel (suitable for a website), our group
name in the annual report of the zoo, and so on and so on.

For an extra $11.25, we can get a mascot:

Although they have the Dromedary too:

So far, the only other group to adopt the Camel is Franklin Community
H.S. Animal Conservation 104, but they also adopted a tortoise and a
fox, so I don't think they really care that much about the animal.
Besides, we can kick their ass if it came down to a street fight, I

brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>