[Chicago-talk] How to Unistall a Perl Module.

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Thu Oct 27 14:41:54 PDT 2005

For those of you who remember my post last month about
this same problem, please forgive me.  I have no where
else to turn and would greatly appreciate any help.

About a month ago I installed a perl module called
ANSIColor-1.10 ( it allows you to print colored text
on your console ) My problem is that the yellow shows
up as red, instead of yellow. I have a copy of version
1.09 where yellow shows up as yellow, but I'm not sure
how to go about uninstaling V1.10.  I did a make clean
then installed V 1.09 but that did not work.  I have
also reported the bug on CPAN which I believe
automatically notifies the author.  Can anyone tell me
how I can completly unistall this perl
package.

I've tried deleting
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Term/ANSIColor.pm and then
reinstalling version 1.09, I even tried reinstalling
perl, but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
 -Dwight D. Eisenhower.