[Chicago-talk] how to get calling depth ?

komtanoo komtanoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:39:20 PDT 2005

I try to solve a problem by calling a function like:

my @kk = caller($zz);

The $zz should be the outmost of the calling stack.
Currently, I have to loop form $zz=0 to inf to find the maximum $zz
that makes caller return not null data. I doubt that perl
maintains some special varaiable for the maximum value of "caller function"
or in other word, current depth of calling stack.
Anybody know how to get it without keep calling the caller function ?