[Chicago-talk] Perl IDE

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Wed Nov 30 14:54:47 PST 2005

> I've recently started looking at Komodo, Eclipse, and Xcode. Any thumbs
> up or down on  those? Any pointers in other directions?

Main thing about Perl is that the syntax is so
flexable -- including Filter::Simple items like
Yada::Yada::Yada or Inline -- that none of the
IDE's really does a good job of dealing with the
code: they were all adapted from C which has a
much more rigid structure.

I use vile (xvile) for most things: there is a
highlighter that I can turn off easily when not
searching for syntax bugs and it handles multiple
buffers gracefully. The extension language is
perl, which helps (vs. lisp in emacs).

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421