[Chicago-talk] WWW::Mechanize and http basic auth?

Adam Israel adam at battleaxe.net
Mon May 30 08:57:53 PDT 2005

Here's the little snippet of code I use

        ### Create our own version of WWW::Mechanize to override
        ### get_basic_credentials
        {
                package AuthorizedMecha;
                our @ISA = qw(WWW::Mechanize);
                sub get_basic_credentials {
                        my($self, $realm, $uri) = @_;
                        return ($userid, $passwd);
                }
        }

        my $mecha = AuthorizedMecha->new
                (agent => "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT
5.1)",
                 cookie_jar => {});

Hope this helps,

-Adam